I wrote in earlier about a problem I had in less-old releases of Wicket
1.2.  Since no more work is being done on that version, I thought I'd
try the sample on Wicket 1.2.  I figured the easiest approach was to
download the Wicket 1.3 QuickStart application.  That requires Maven,
which I've never before used.  I downloaded and installed Maven (I
assume correctly) and then followed the instructions to get the
QuckStart application, but the Maven command failed with the following
output.  Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?  (I apologize if this is
really a Maven question, but obtaining QuickStart is my only reason for
messing with Maven.)

 C:\>mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.wicket
-DarchetypeArtifactId=wicket-archetype-quickstart
-DarchetypeVersion=1.3.3 -DgroupId=com.mycompany -DartifactId=myproject
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not
be retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error
transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 21 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu May 01 15:42:12 CDT 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]

/Frank