Maven comes with an Eclipse "plugin" that allows you to generate
eclipse project files based on the pom.xml file of your project.  In
the eclipse project files, they refer to an M2_REPO (the Maven2
Repository) directory as a classpath variable.  You have to make sure
your Eclipse instance is configured with that variable.