The log indicates all requested permissions are granted. In fact the
only thing that raises my eyebrow in the log is :
05-04 21:14:10.000[UserAccountServiceImpl.java:40 :ERROR]
org.springframework.orm.ObjectRetrievalFailureException: Object of
class [wm.model.UserAccount] with identifier [nhsoft]: not found
05-04 21:14:10.046[     LoggerListener.java:60 :WARN ] Authentication
event AuthenticationSuccessEvent: nhsoft; details: null
which might indicate a problem with acegi or your configuration.
So i don't think swarm is the problem here. I did notice however an if
statement in HeaderPanel
Authentication authentication =
SecurityContextHolder.getContext().getAuthentication();
if(authentication != null)
else

In the else block you are hiding both links, which matches the
problems you are seeing.
Theoretically if you only use this panel on pages extending from
SecureBasePage, the Authentication should never be null. If it is,
this indicates a synchronization problem between swarm and acegi, both
keep separate records of who is logged in and what there
permissions/grantedAuthorities are.

Can you check which block is executed, the if or the else.

Maurice