We are using the default session store, in that we haven't specified anything
different.

All the pages are serizable and are clusterable by terracotta.

The only difference in the clustered and non clustered app is that you have
to use the terracotta session manager in jetty for terracotta to work.  I'm
tempted to blame that for the problem, but i dont see the problem on other
pages with lazy loaded components.