Jan Kriesten wrote:

Hi Johan,

ahh yes thats true i overlooked your changes..
then yes currently you have to do new Link<Void> (to get rid of the
warnings)

there are quite annoying many cases of this kind, where you really just don't need to add models to components and have to boilerplate these with <Void> or anything else.

So, I can really understand and support Martijns objections to have Component generified just for the sake of it.

Well, I'd hardly say it's just for the sake of it! It's *required* to *properly* generify Wicket. Due to the strong coupling in the design of Wicket of a component to a model, when you refer to a component you *must* specify the type of the model... Anything else is just plain bad (and strange) use of generics... :-(

If it's to clearify the API - make those cases generic or have them implement a different IModel (like ListModel e.g.).

I'm very much against using generics to do something other from what generics where meant to do (i.e., type safety).

Regards,
Sebastiaan

Best regards, --- Jan.