From: Sebastiaan van Erk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 11:53 AM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: users, please give us your opinion: what is your take on
generics with Wicket

James Carman wrote:
I'm adding a "Gotchas" section now.

Your pallete gotcha seems more like a JIRA to me. :-) It's not really about
generics in general, but about a specific choice in 1 component (which
really seems incorrect to me, i.e., PECS).

One of the gotcha's I think is the getHomePage() signature...

        public abstract Class<? extends Page<?>> getHomePage();

This breaks raw types (you can't return raw home page).

I don't see any way out of this one without making the getHomePage()
signature incorrect (i.e., you can't make it a generic method, which was
used to solve the problem where a method argument had the type Class<? extends Page<?>>).

Regards,
Sebastiaan

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Hoover, William <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>