1) Generifying* Wicket
   [X] Can best be done like currently in the 1.4 branch, where models
and components are both generified. I care most about the improved
static type checking generified models and components give Wicket.

2) How strongly do you feel about your choice above?
   [X*] Whatever choice ultimately made, I'll happily convert/ start
using 1.4 and up.

* Note that we just went live with http://online.ddpoker.com/ on 1.4 trunk
using generics.  I'd prefer not to backtrack, but will if that's what the
developers decide.

Having gone through a conversion of a brand new project about 1/2 way
through, I can tell you that (a) it is not that hard, (b) it is ultimately
worth it, (c) my knowledge of java is better due to having to learn generics
better, (d) we feel we created cleaner/more maintainable code because of
generics.

I think wicket is great and seriously doubt, with good documentation, that
using generics will turn people away.