On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:30 PM, Eelco Hillenius
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> i think we should have qualified this rfi with a requirement that
>> responders use 1.4 on a non-trivial project...these things only become
>> apparent from real-world day-to-day usage. anything else is pretty
>> much speculation.
>
> As for speculation... I don't agree. I haven't converted yet, but it
> is easy enough to just look at any old piece of code I'm working on
> now and imagine what it will look like after changing to 1.4.

and there are also a lot of pain points that you will not imagine that
do exist :) i am wondering how many of the "keep as is in trunk" votes
came from people who only imagined what their code would look like and
havent actually hit the numerous pain points those of us who did code
gainst it hit.

i was of the "generify component and model" mind while i was
generifying the framework, but after coding against it i began to see
some of the ugliness and now my mind is almost changed.

-igor