Hi

Ive been developing an ajax only application in wicket for a little more
than 3 months. Users can open "windows" in a multidocument desktop-style
fashion for various entities and in these "windows/tabs" perform different
actions and apply different views. Further they can change views forth and
back, close views, rearrange views. I almost NEVER do a page level GET/POST.
The fun part is that its working really well. But Ive never seen something
like this out on the web really (gmail/gcalendar ok.. but those are quite
simple apps + they prolly got a big staff to tune every possible metric).

Has anyone done something similar?

Is this a dangerous track? What is most likely to stop me? How can I monitor
the amout o memory a user session consumes? If I find the
average-request-cpu-cycles *
average_requests_per_user_during_some_duration.. is it straight forward to
see how many simultaneous users I can accomodate?

/Kalle