I have the quickstart program and have been able to run it in Eclipse
following the directions in
http://herebebeasties.com/2007-10-07/wicket-quickstart/

Also, I used "mvn package" to build the web application and .war

I tried copying the myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT folder (and I also tried the
.war file) into the webapps folder to Tomcat 5.5.9 and started up
Tomcat.  When I entered http://127.0.0.1:8080/myproject/ (or
http://localhost:8080/myproject/) it failed to serve the quickstart
project.  Do I need a more recent version of Tomcat for running Wicket
1.3, or is there something else I need to do to configure it for Tomcat?
This is what it told me:

HTTP Status 404 - /myproject/

--------

type Status report

message /myproject/

description The requested resource (/myproject/) is not available.