I have a question about packaging.  I have two Wicket web  applications
that display data for two different corporate areas, but the
look-and-feel are similar.  Therefore, I coded in Wicket a tool project
consisting of a bunch of higher-level problem-specific components that
my two projects should depend upon.

In my tool project I built a web page that I use to test (display and
play with) these components.  Therefore, the output of my tool project
is also .war.  How do I tell Maven that my two business applications
depend upon a .war and not a .jar?  I'd rather not have to partition my
tool project into separate .war and .jar projects.