The application I'm working on needs several instances of a
DataTable/GridView-like component where the size of the underlying dataset
is is not known.  It's basically very expensive to retrieve the whole data
set to find out how many items are in it, so I'd like to just iterate
through the data set page by page.  The IDataProvider interface used by
GridView provides the size() method, so I'd like to provide a data provider
without this method.  And then in the grid component, leave out the "go to
end" functionality and the display of the number of pages.  In every other
respect it's the same as DataTable.

It wouldn't be too hard to write one myself of course, but I'm wondering if
such a thing exists already?

Regards,
Jan