Martijn Dashorst a écrit :
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Bernard Niset <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Martijn,
Thanks for the release.
I don't find how to build the javadoc. Apparently, mvn package doesn't do
that anymore.

Not by default: it took too long and too much processing for the
default build. We have enabled it for the release profile. mvn
-Prelease package will build the javadoc.

Could you please update the page Building from svn (http://wicket.apache.org/building-from-svn.html) with this information? It's not wiki otherwise I'd be pleased to do it myself.
BTW, it's a pity you don't provide the javadoc by default in the
distribution.

I beg to differ: adding JavaDoc will increase the download size
considerably for little benefit. If you just use maven to manage your
project, you can attach the source/javadoc jars easily to your project
(mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true)

I don't why every other open source project does it then. Not everybody is a maven magician or use it in their projects. Having the javadoc prebuilt would avoid this kind of error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] There are test failures.
[INFO] Total time: 1 minute 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Jun 27 14:33:04 CEST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 23M/52M

Anyways, thanks for your help.
Bernard.