Matej Knopp wrote:
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Matej Knopp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
And there is some functionality in there that Wicket might
be better without. For example, onModelChanged / Changing
things become tricky when you share the same model between
different instances. And when using setModelObject() with an
object that is equal to the current model object, but a
different instance (such as a Hibernate-persisted object
bound to the correct session), you have to either do
getModel().setObject() or change the model comparator.

setModelObject isn't the best idea IMHO. Models should support some
kind of state change notifications, we might want to improve that for
1.5, though it probably wouldn't be very easy to do.
Well, we can hardly detect change of propertypromodels unless we pull
and compare the value every time...

Better state change notifications would be a huge improvement IMO because that way components could add themselves to AjaxRequestTarget when needed. Currently all Ajax functionality requires Ajaxified components to know about each other and when they should be displayed. Some kind of even mechanism as described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1312 would definitely help, but a model-driven approach would be even better.

I was thinking to support this using annotations and aspects and the likes, but I haven't had the time to create a proof of concept.

Matthijs

PS. Thread subject has become little different than thread content :)

--
Matthijs Wensveen
Func. Internet Integration