There are many state things in a component. Wicket itself has only a
few like model/visibile/enable. But a developer could add many many
more.

In our project this is easily handled by our components. Every
component knows when it is changed, what ever it is and then a visitor
adds them to ajax. We have a fixed set of components so its not a big
problem.