Hello,

We are developing a multilanguage application, so our standard is utf-8. We
are making intensive use of Wicket's localization features, but recently we
found a problem and we can't find a good solution for it.

Basically is this: for not getting corrupted Japanese, we have to include
the following line in the html file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

But if we include that file, then all the layout in
http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200109/msg00182.html IE6 is a mess .
We tried to change the <?XML declaration with metatags inside the head of
the file, but it doesn't work, the Japanese only shows correctly if the tag
is there.

So if we leave the tag, we get Japanese but the layout is a mess in IE6. If
we removed it, we get good layout but corrupted Japanese.

Is there any tag or something to configure in Wicket for making the Japanese
show correctly without the <?XML tag?

As always, thank you for your time,
Oskar