Hello,

Great that you could solve your issue, but I'll comment on a
couple of things anyway.

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, cretzel wrote:
> We are doing validation via Ajax, so we decided to not to validate on each
> key press because of performance issues.

Have you proved empirically (load testing, profiling or
something such) that this would cause performance issues?
Because ajax validation on each keypress is a very common
place to start premature optimisation when starting to do
more responsive user interfaces; I've seen many people fall
into that trap, myself included :)

> > And yet another possibility is to add the extra check in
> > the Button event handler... and just run the validation
> > manually from there before submit if needed.
> >
> We are doing validation on each text field to give feedback as soon as
> possible, so this is not an option.

I actually thought that this would have been only an extra
validation round in addition to the normal one.

But if you could get the events come always in right order,
great!

Best wishes,
Timo

--