Setting the following security-constraint in your web.xml should fix that:

<security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
                <web-resource-name>secure</web-resource-name>
                <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <user-data-constraint>
        </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>

It basically enforces ALL requests to SSL connections.

Jörn