>I think it could be something about
> missing usage of loadabledetachable model..?

not for me, as the original entity is pulled using an loadabledetachableModel via a SortedDataProvider :/

if you look around, the all called solution for this is the "OpenSessionInViewFilter" and the usage of <bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager">
for that (latter one is used by me, too)

However, the OpenSessionInViewFilter will not work with wicket, even if mapped to "/*" in the web.xml

Best,

Korbinian

Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael schrieb:
Hi Korbinian

Im facing the same problems... I also use extended.. So gonna be great to see the outcome of this thread.. I think it could be something about missing usage of loadabledetachable model..?

Korbinian Bachl - privat wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently struggling with the famous "lazy load exception" under spring + jpa with wicket.

The problem is, in my case, that i pull an entity from the database using a spring-bean (@SpringBean) and JPA (hibernate). Then in the wicket class i need to walk the entity tree a bit, based on the needs of the user (preloading wont work, as i dont know the direction the user wants to walk and the whole entity tree is too complex to grab it all at once).

If I use the Entity myEntity.getMyOtherConnectedEntity I get the lazy load exception (transaction already closed). So I tried to use the OpenSessionInViewFilter to solve this, but it just won't work - no reason why, as the error stays exactly the same.

Currently I ended up using this:
@PersistenceContext(type = PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED)
private EntityManager em;

However, I'm not sure if this is the way it is supposed to be?
( I read so far that this disables a big part of springs-transaction handling support but didnt see any impacts so far)

Has anyone a different aproach/ solution for this using wicket + spring with JPA?

Best,

Korbinan

PS: im on wicket 1.4-m3