we still have a last x pages stored on disk.
it is just not a number of pages but it is how many pages fit in the default
window size of the file on disk (1 file per pagemap)

by default it is 10MB per pagemap and 100MB per total session.
so by default you can hold 10 pagemaps of 10MB after that least used
pagemaps are cleared.

johan