aditsu wrote:

> Anyway, I want to have the option to catch exceptions from child
> components at certain points that I can define. And I think I got a new
> idea.. involving replace and RestartResponseException

Well, it seems to work, except I had to call setAuto(true) on the
replacement component, to avoid a "Cannot modify component hierarchy after
render phase has started (page version cant change then anymore)" exception.
I'm not entirely sure what setAuto does, I hope it doesn't break anything in
this case.
What does that exception mean anyway?

Adrian