Currently SubmitLink sets the to href='#', instead it would have a valid
href (similar to a regular Link). The onclick would still submit the
form but return false to prevent the href being followed in javascript
browswers.

Then the you have 1 of 2 cases:
1) the browswer has javascript and runs the onclick handler, which
returns false so the href is not followed. This is standard SubmitLink
behavior.

2) the browser does not support javascript, completely ignores the
onclick handler and instead follows the href. This *does not* submit the
form. This is standard Link behavior.

The usecase for this is when you have a form that would be nice to
submit, but its not required that it be submitted (such as pagination).
I realize this is a very weird corner case. At this point the design
calls for a lot of stuff that cannot be done without javascript so I am
probably going to just use submitlink anyway.

I only asked on the list to see if someone had done the work for something
like this already.

Thanks!
-Ryan

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 08:52:50AM -0800, Igor Vaynberg exclaimed: