Hi.

>From the examples I've seen the IDataProvider implementation of the iterator
method brings back (for example) a list of keys from the database.

The model method uses something like a LoadableDetachableModel to populate a
model for use by the consumer using the list of keys previously retrieved.

This seems like a lot of database hits to me. Is this simply because of the
serialization/model mechanism?

It seems to me that the iterator could/should bring back the data in one hit
and then after use be detached. Is this common?

Many thanks, Graeme.