Von: moraleslos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 16. November 2008 16:36
An: users@wicket.apache.org
Betreff: Unable to load Wicket app in hosting provider

Hi,

I'm running into an issue where my Wicket-based application will absolutely
not load in the shared hosting environment.  I'm trying out GoDaddy's Java
Web hosting that uses Java 1.5 and Tomcat 5.0.27.  I have this same setup on
my box and deploying my Wicket 1.3.4-based application works.  However,
deploying the exact same war file on GoDaddy will not work.  The war
explodes appropriately but it seems as though Tomcat doesn't know what to do
with it.  I always get a 403 error when accessing my site.  The application
is really simple-- no DB even.  I made sure that log4j wrote to their /tmp
directory to avoid any issues.  I contacted GoDaddy and they said they could
not find any issues on their side.

Although I probably won't continue with Godaddy after my month is up, I just
can't seem to debug this issue.  Its a really simple Wicket app that should
work on any hosting environment.  All of my files are under the directories:
/WEB-INF/classes/
/WEB-INF/lib/
/WEB-INF/web.xml

My deployment descriptor looks like this:

<web-app
        version="2.4"
        xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";>

        <display-name>moralesTest</display-name>
        <context-param>
                <param-name>configuration</param-name>
                <param-value>deployment</param-value>
        </context-param>
        <filter>
                <filter-name>wicket.moraleslos</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
                <init-param>
                        <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>

<param-value>com.moraleslos.WicketTestApplication</param-value>
                </init-param>
        </filter>
        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>wicket.moraleslos</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>
</web-app>

Again, it seems as though Tomcat doesn't understand Wicket filters or
something, since I always get a 403 error. Any ideas on how I should debug
and/or fix this issue would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-los