I'm sure this has been asked and answered but after searching the list, I'm
still not sure if there is something I can do to fix my situation.

The general gist is this:

1) I make some changes to a page with ajax calls (i.e. replace panel
contents)
2) Click a link to take me away from that page
3) Use browser back button to return to previous page
4) Original page is in the state that it was BEFORE the changes made with
the ajax calls.

Maybe this is a, "Well, duh.. of course it is. That's just the way it works"
moment, but I could have sworn I've seen this work differently in other
wicket examples and apps I've worked on.

Any tips?

-Matt