Scott Swank wrote:

> If the ajax changes are reflected in the relevant model(s) then you
> will see them when you go back to the page.

Hmmm... perhaps I shouldn't have abstracted my issue and instead discussed
exactly what is happening. Let me change some steps.

1) On a page with a form I enter information and submit the form

2) The page refreshes (normal submit; not ajax) and a panel that was
previously invisible is displayed as the form submission is processed in the
background. This processing is  background task because it can take a very
long time (anywhere between 5 seconds to half an hour). There is an
AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior with a 5 seconds time attached to the now
visible panel.

3) The AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior checks the background process in it's
onPostProcessTarget() method and when the background processing is done, the
panel is made invisible again and new panel is made visible with a link to
report on the processing that just took place.

4) Clicking that link takes one to the report and then clicking that browser
back button brings one back to the form page, however, it apparently brings
one back to the form page in the state it was just after the original submit
was clicked. The actual background processing doesn't get kicked off again,
but the "in progress" panel is visible and remains visible until one cycle
of the AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior goes by and then the page returns to
the expected state.

I'd like to figure out a way keep that "in progress" panel from showing up
when the back button is pressed.

-Matt