I think that sounds like a wonderful idea. I've enjoyed WIA (as much as I've
read so far) and would certainly purchase a follow-up book of Wicket tricks.

Dane

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Locke [mailto:jonathan.lo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 8:56 AM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: Twenty Six Wicket Tricks

i like those too. and i hope people keep blogging about
wicket like that. it's nice to get the gist of how to do
something that way and boost WIA in the process.

however, the quality bar of chapters in twenty-six tricks
will be higher and my goals for each "trick" are (i hope)
considerably more rigorous and educational than a blog
entry. they are:

(1) to present a fully reusable, high-quality component
suitable for including in your application directly and with
no changes (i'm generally designing these tricks for
reuse and extension)

(2) to cohesively demonstrate and detail through discussion
a range of design choices and patterns in the process
(probably the more valuable part, as you will (hopefully)
understand not only what it is that i've done, but why it's
been done that way and not some other way).

(3) to reuse tricks in building new tricks

if it's mainly cost you are worried about, i haven't chosen
a price yet, but it will obviously be less than WIA.

and if you want to give feedback, i will need some reviewers
and you're welcome to be one, although be warned that i'm
not looking for casual feedback since this is a book project
and not a blog. i'd want thorough and detailed comments
on the code and text for several (say 5) chapters (which will
take you hours, not minutes). in return for their work,
each reviewer gets a free copy of the book.

      jon