Check = detailed control of each check (you have to iterate over them to add more than one forexample in a listview)
CheckBox = list of checks (not same as above)
CheckGroup = Holds the model for checks

Repeat above for radios.

Dropdown = simple component

There are also some ajax versions of above...

It might just be me that have become blind to these things :) Of all the frameworks I work with, be it web, orm, log etc Wicket brings me the least trouble :)

Happy new year :)

Scott Swank wrote:
Jonathan,

I think that Wicket is missing a solid overview of the below form
components, how they differ, how they overlap, and when to use each.

Check, Checkbox, CheckGroup, CheckGroupSelector
DropDownChoice (there are 3 wiki pages, but I'd like to draw out the
overlap with RadioChoice and the role of IChoiceRenderer)
Radio, RadioChoice, RadioGroup

And of course: IChoiceRenderer.

For example, I really don't know whether my above list is missing any
components.

If such a topic is not in the works for your book, I'll volunteer to
put together a first pass at such a wiki page.

Cheers,
Scott

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Jonathan Locke