> 1) working with many attributes of an object
> we have some pages where we access many attributes of an object, say we want
> to show all 20 attributes of a person and all 10 attributes of
> person.getAddress();
> in the PersonPage.java i would have to add 30 label (or input) components,
> 30 lines with nearly identical java code: add(new Label("firstName",
> person.getName() );
> isn't it tedious to always keep PersonDetails.java and PersonDetails.html
> files in sync? in jsf/jsp the changes are only in the jsp/xhtml

There are few options that come into my mind:
1. add(new Label(CONSTANT_FIRST_NAME, person.getName() ); // Now you
can re-use your constant from WicketTests.
2. add(new Label(CONSTANT_FIRST_NAME, new PropertyModel(person,
Person.NAME_CONSTANT) ); // Now you can re-use your Entity's NAME
-constant from JPA/ORM/Hibernate queries.
3. use CompoundPropertyModels. Yes. You will have to sync the names in
html and in Java. Maybe someone will develop a nice plugin that
automates this in the future:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/working-with-wicket-models.html#WorkingwithWicketmodels-CompoundPropertyModels
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/more-on-models.html

> 2) page composition
You can treat Title just as a Label. See <wicket:head> tag and Wicket
modularity:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/wickets-xhtml-tags.html
http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t60926.html
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/create-dynamic-markup-hierarchies-using-panels.html

> 3) preview functionality
> is this right: as soon as we use page composition and components, the
> preview feature is gone; how do you experienced wicket users handle this? is
> it usable in a prototype phase - before the html prototype is decomposed
> into composition parts and components?

The runtime page hierarchy is ofcourse visible only at runtime, but
you can preview each panel separately ofcourse (if it makes sense).

> is there a resource on the web that helps with the task of migrating from
> jsf to wicket?

I would save the html files using a browser (if the html markup is not
available separately) and just pick up from there, starting to add
wicket:id's to the components of the page, one-by-one (in development
& debug mode it is quite fast as you do not need to restart the jetty
server after saved&compiled change).

my 2 cents ;)

**
Martin