i think this might have to wait until 1.5.

we definetely cannot change this for 1.3.6 because it will change
existing behavior too much. and since 1.4 is already in the RC i would
rather not change it there either.

since we will be rewriting all url handling in 1.5 anyways it will be
a good time to implement this.

-igor