refreshing view clears its content before render, not after render. if
you have a link in your table cell, or any component that requires a
callback and you clear the items after render than the link wont work
because when it is clicked the component that is supposed to receive
it is no longer there.

if this is not a concern for your particular usecase you can roll your
own repeater quiet easily using a subclassed refreshing view or
something similar.

-igor