we cannot make this overridable because it breaks encapsulation.

imagine you write a table component that includes styles and
variations. i then want to use it in my app where i have overwritten
this syntax, now my app wont pick up your styles and variations.

so we need to come up with something simple that everyone can agree on.

-igor

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Anton Veretennikov
<anton.veretenni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> String getFileNameTemplate() {
>  return
> "fileName([styleName][_variationName])[language[_territory][.codese...@modifier]]";
> }
>

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> but there is a special rule about the _ prefix to indicate a
>> variation, where as a simple empty bracket is easy - its always
>> consistent [style][variation][locale]. just my two cents.
>>
>> personally i never had to use variations myself, but there were
>> threads in the past about them, so i guess someone somewhere is using
>> them.
>>
>> -igor
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:44 PM, jWeekend <jweekend_for...@cabouge.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Igor,
>>>
>>> I'd say your
>>>
>>> "HomePage[style_variation]_US_en.html that way a style only version can be
>>> HomePage[style]_US_en.html and variation only would be