So... The only compression I know of is resin has a GZIP filter on it. But that means that everything is being GZIP'd, which is what I see in the headers for all requests (both to wicket /host/app/... and to non- wicket resources /host/css/...).

I believe this (the wicket-generated wicket-ajax.js) is the first and only wicket-served static resource I have used (all of my other javascript,css, etc. is outside of wicket).

So the differences are

1) Resin (since it works with Jetty)
2) Use of a wicket-served static resource (since all other types of files work).

I have a feeling if I knew more about the internals of wicket's mechanism for serving static resources, I might be able to figure out why this is breaking on Resin and not on Jetty.