Works fine for me without any special configuration. I use the Eclipse
JEE version and HTML files come up in the HTML Editor.

Check which editor is associated with *.html files under Window >
Preferences, then under General/Editors/File Associations.

Eclipse remembers the last editor you used to open a particular file, so
you might have to right-click the file in Package Explorer and select
Open With > HTML Editor.

jk