I'm implement an SSL scheme using annotations and I'm having some issues with
redirecting properly.

The issue is when I have non-secured page that redirects to a secured page.

I'm doing the https/http redirecting inside of a WebRequestCycleProcessor,
which works well unless there is a redirect prior to the ssl redirect. If this
happens then I redirect back to the top of the chain, because I'm using the
HttpServletRequest to build the url, which returns url info based on the
orginal request. I've been looking all around and I can't find any way of
building a url that represents the last redirect. I've tried

Application.get().getRequestCycleProcessor().getRequestCodingStrategy().pathForTarget(requestTarget);
and
RequestCycle.get().urlFor(requestTarget)

Here's my current impl for The RequestCycleProcessor.

        WebRequest webRequest = (WebRequest) requestCycle .getRequest();
        WebResponse webResponse = (WebResponse) requestCycle .getResponse();
        HttpServletRequest httpServletRequest =
webRequest.getHttpServletRequest();
                StringBuffer url = new StringBuffer(protocol);
                url.append(httpServletRequest.getServerName());
                if(defaultPort != port){
                        url.append(":" + port);
                }

                url.append(webRequest.getHttpServletRequest().getContextPath());
                url.append(webRequest.getServletPath());
                String queryString =
webRequest.getHttpServletRequest().getQueryString();