You can use whatever JS libraries that you want to.  Wicket core
really only uses it's own custom JS for Ajax, etc.  Check out
wicketstuff for a lot of ready-made integrations between popular JS
libraries and Wicket.  Some of them are less mature than others, but
the good ones can give you inspiration for how to accomplish what you
need.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com