From: rinoc...@live.se
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Validation component feedback in table column
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:34:19 +0200

I have been experimenting with this for while more, but I can't seem to get it
to work as I want.

I have attached a small quickstart.

I have a table with an input field on each row, where I want to validate that
the entered input value should not be allowed to be more than the displayed
value, in that case, a message should be displayed next to the field, in the
table.

I have added an onblur event to the input field and also a validator.

If I enter a value above the limit and tab out of the field, the validation
message is displayed next to the field. If I instead enter a errornous value an
click the submit button, the error message(s) is displayed in the form feeback
and not next to the field. How do I get the validation error to be displayed
next to the field?

I have been reading alot of examples, javadoc and source now and can't get it
to work the wy I want.
I wonder how I change my code to get it to work?

/Kenneth

> Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 22:09:32 -0500
> Subject: Re: Validation and component feedback for editable column component
> in table/list
> From: jer...@wickettraining.com
> To: users@wicket.apache.org
>
> Seems like you might be missing the part where you have to add a
> feedback panel to display the error messages in a form. Since you
> mention that your previous application showed the message near the
> field, this page might help you:
>
> http://stuq.nl/weblog/2008-09-03/user-friendly-form-validation-with-wicket
>
> --
> Jeremy Thomerson
> http://www.wickettraining.com

Gör personlighetstestet på MSN Dejting, se vem du passar ihop med! MSN Dejting