There's no updated ant version available, though the build.xml should
be compatible, provided you modify the compiler source and target
versions to at least 1.5 compatibility for Wicket 1.4 onwards.

Martijn

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Christian Beil<christian.b...@web.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently reading 'Wicket in Action' and I also like the bonus chapter
> where the Wicket QuickStart build script is set up.
> Now that I want to try coding some Wicket applications myself, I'd like to
> use Wicket QuickStart.
> I saw that the Quickstart project on the homepage uses Maven:
> http://wicket.apache.org/quickstart.html
> I tried it out and everything works nicely.
> But I don't like Maven very much and  would prefer to use Ant.
> The SourceForge page for wicket-quickstart using Ant seems to end with
> version 1.2.7:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/wicket/files/wicket-quickstart/
> There is also Qwicket which does a little more than QuickStart.
> The most recent version of Qwicket contains an Ant build script and seems to
> use Wicket 1.3.0.
>
> At the moment I would like to use the latest version of Wicket, 1.4, and an
> Ant based QuickStart project.
> I can build it myself, but I wanted to ask if the Ant version of the
> QuickStart project is still updated somewhere.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Christian

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.0