Hi,

Assuming that I am localizing to a language that has different text required
for male and female is there a generic way for hadling that. This is of
course based on the fact that I can provide a user object that contains that
property (if the user is a male or female)

I can think of a convention that will add to all resource file keys a
.female extension to handle female text if required and wrap the
ResourceModel with an object that will get the user. Using the gender
property of the user it will manipulate the key to add the .female extension
if required, check if the female text exist at all (and if no default to the
no extension version) etc.

This may work. Are there any other suggestions? What about the
wicket:message markup that goes directly to the resource files...how do I
handle that? (I have lots of markup already so changing all of it to labels
is not the easiest way)

Thanks,
Arie