It would be very nice to see better support for stateless applications in wicket. Some topics that come to my mind right now are:
- Ajax,
- PagingNavigator,
- Dropdown onSelectionChange. It works fine if I overide getStatelessHint to return true and there is no enclosing form. If there is a ancolsing form the following message appears: Attempt to access unknown request listener interface IOnChangeListener. Pehaps it could get fixed, and stateless hint always returns true for this one. May I open a Jira issue for this?

I know that many have said that if you are building this kind of application perhaps wicket is not for you. But IMO even considering that wicket was not initially built with this kind of problem in mind, he is better in this field than many frameworks out there. That's why we've choosen wicket to develop a high traffic stateless website, and he's doing well, except for some issues during development, like the points listed above. We are now using jquery as a complement to wicket, but surely it would be much easier if we could count on wicket ajax for example.

Ricardo