Well you can use your business logic objects inside Wicket but you have to
ensure that you you hold one, and only one, instance for each business
object (assuming these objects are stateless) and that you do not
accidentally serialize these objects and their dependencies within your
Wicket pages.
If you don't want to use Spring, have a look at Google Guice - which is a
very simple, elegant yet powerful DI framework. Wicket provides support for
Guice so you don't have to worry about accidental serialization. Once you
have got to grips with Wicket and Guice then you can get really creative to
enable Guice to inject Wicket components in your Wicket application.

Cheers,
James.