Paul,

Take a look at Alastair's  presenttaion called something like "A Drag And
Drop List Editor" [1] and the accompanying source code.

I don't think we have a tree publicly available yet in WiQuery [2] but for
sure you should get some good ideas there even if you don't want to use it.

Regards - Cemal
jWeekend
OO & Java Technologies, Wicket Training and Development
http://jWeekend.com

[1] http://jweekend.com/dev/ArticlesPage
[2] http://code.google.com/p/wiquery/