Jeremy - I understand your point, but the issue is more with HTML/CSS
that it would be best not to have to put in the unnecessary
least this way, the HTML stays clean (of layout markup) - I'm
essentially using wicket to abstract the styling into the component,
rather than polluting the HTML.

Anton - thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for - problem solved.