it is easy to create a pluggable application in wicket. all you need
is a registry of component providers, whether it be something like
spring [1], a custom registry like brix uses [2] or something more
advanced like osgi. the choice should be based on the featureset you
need. eg, if you need hot updating, classloader separation, etc, then
osgi is good. if not, there are simpler ways to achieve modularity [1]
[2]. the great news is that wicket lends itself easily to
modularization.

[1]
http://wicketinaction.com/2008/10/creating-pluggable-applications-with-wicket-and-spring/
[2]