2009/12/2 Ilja Pavkovic <ilja.pavko...@binaere-bauten.de>:
> Am Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009 12:18:55 schrieb Marat Radchenko:
>> There some places in Wicket sources where it throws
>> InvalidUrlException that causes exception logging and
>> InternalErrorPage is shown.
>>
>> However, I don't agree that badly constructed URL is and _internal_
>> error. It is external error (for example, user was playing with urls,
>> modifying them by hand).
>>
>> So, my proposal: stop treating invalid urls and internal errors, don't
>> log traces for them, don't show InternalErrorPage. Instead, either
>> redirect user to home page, or show him 404, or show him 400 (bad
>> request), or whatever else.
>>
>> The main point: do _not_ log errors just because user passed us an url
>> that we couldn't resolve to a page/component.
> Hi, I have a slightly different proposal:
> - log errors for invalid urls in development mode only
> - log warnings for invalid urls in deployment mode
I'd be even more remissive: warning in development mode, silence in
deployment mode.

You don't log errors/warnings when user hits nonexisting url, do you?
That's similar - he passed us an url that couldn't be resolved to a
page. I don't see how it is different from url that resolved to a
page, but couldn't be resolved to component on it.