Hi,

I am using ObjectAutoCompleteField from WicketStuff and it looks like what I
need for my scenario:

I have an object list with a bunch of fields and when the user searches, it
needs to match on a certain field and display the list of matches. The examples
do this with a Car object with an Integer field for the ID and a String for the
car name.

However, there seems to be no way to tell it *what* fields to use in the
supplied object. You can only give the component the Type of fields to look up,
and it gets the field to use by reflection. This assumes only one field in that
object will be of that Type.

ie

How could I make it would with a list of these objects:

class Person {

String userId;
String displayName;

Giving the ObjectAutoCompleteField the types <Person,String> won't work, it
won't know what field to use.

List<Person> persons = getPersons();

ObjectAutoCompleteBuilder<Person,String> builder = new
ObjectAutoCompleteBuilder<Person,String>(
                new AutoCompletionChoicesProvider<User>() {
                        public Iterator<Person> getChoices(String input) {
                                List<Person> subSet = getPersonSubSet(persons,
input);
                                return subSet.iterator();
);
ObjectAutoCompleteField toField = builder.build("toField", new Model<String>());
form.add(toField);

Any ideas?

thanks,
Steve