On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 08:14 +0100, Adrian Wiesmann wrote:
> Hi Alex
>
> > i think we will not find one person who develops wicket-security allone - so
> > who's interested?
> > its not the part brings the most fun in wicket development area but a very
> > very
> > important part of every enterprise application - so contribute! lets define
> > security-subteam.
>
> I started with the built in security functionality and then moved to
> Apache Shiro. Shiro makes it very simple to authenticate users and to
> check permission from within your application code. And what I really
> like is that users of our tool still can personalise parts of those
> mechanisms when configuring their installation. Another plus is the
> permission based authorisation mechanism which makes defining and
> configuring permissions very flexible.
>
> So what I could contribute are classes to integrate Shiro into Wicket.
> If that is of interest.
There is already integration [1] with shiro in wicketstuff. Asa far as I
rememeber Lez did it for JSecurity and then someone else migrated it to
Ki and later to Shiro.
Take a look and merge your additions if possible.

1.
https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/trunk/wicketstuff-core/shiro-security