On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Emond Papegaaij
<emond.papega...@topicus.nl> wrote:
> That sounds a bit overkill to me. I don't think anyone will ever want to use
> SWARM in a non-Wicket application. Naturally, this is a bit different for
> Shiro and spring-security, because these are existing projects (if I'm not
> mistaken), which can also be used without Wicket.

Overkill?  It's not overkill to provide a framework where you can plug
in providers.  I didn't say that SWARM should be used outside of
Wicket (I personally wouldn't use it anywhere because I think it's too
complicated).  What I was saying was that any security "framework" for
Wicket should allow you to bring your own security provider (shiro,
spring-security, etc).  That's exactly what the wicket-security code
provides right now with the AuthenticatedWebApplication,
AuthenticatedWebSession, etc.