links do not transfer form values to the serverside, so you need to
use a bit of js to do it for you. not sure exactly what your usecase
is (sounds strange), but here goes off the top of my head:

abstract class myuberlink extends link {
 private final textfield tf;
 public myuberlink(string id, textfield tf) { super(id);this.tf=tf;
tf.setoutputmarkupid(true);}
 public void oncomponenttag(tag) {

tag.put("onclick","this.href=this.href+'&"+tf.getinputname()+"='+document.getElementById('"+tf.getmarkupid()+"').value;
return true;"); }

  public final void onclick() {
onclick(getrequest().getattribute(tf.getinputname()); }

  protected abstract void onclick(string value);
}

-igor