the code to wire this in wicket is straight forward. i can think of
two major flavors:

flavor1: your service retrieves the localized values in which case it
is the model that retrieves the list of choices that is locale aware

add(new dropdownchoice(id, model, new loadabledetachablemodel() { list
load() { return
service.getchoicesforlocale(getsession().getlocale())....

flavor2: your entities are locale aware in which case you would use
the choice renderer to localize

add(new dropdownchoice(id, model, choicesmodel, new ichoicerenderer() {
   string getdisplayvalue(choice c) { return
c.getname(getsession().getlocale());...

all this ultimately depends on how your data is stored in the database
and what the service layer to access it looks like.

-igor